Dear Colleagues and Friends,
We are very pleased to announce our initiative to organize a Youth Conference - Summer School for students and professors from the Black Sea University Network (BSUN) and the Balkan University Association (BUA). The event will be hosted by the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) and will take place during the week August 28-September 3, 2017, in the Summer Camp of the AUTh in Chalkidiki, Greece.
The topic of the Youth Conference - Summer School is:
Institutional, Socioeconomic & Business Challenges for a prosperous Future
in the Balkans and the Black Sea
The event will be a unique opportunity to:
- participate in a life-changing experience with students from many different countries,
- present your relevant papers (for students and young researchers) and get useful feedback,
- enrich your communication skills and knowledge taking advantage of professors from the international academic community, and
- enjoy the beach and the summer time in a breath-taking area of Chalkidiki!
The Youth Conference - Summer School will take place at the Summer Camp of AUTh in Chalkidiki, which is set in a pine forest next to a beautiful beach on the seaside area of Possidi, about 100 km southeast of Thessaloniki.
Participating students will be accommodated in camping tents (provided and set up by the local organizers). Participating Professors can be accommodated in bungalows.
The Summer Camp of AUTh is a fully functional facility, with reception and information stand, restaurant, mini-market, library, cinema, beach bar, open-air areas and rooms for hosting the sessions and the seminars, Wi-Fi, as well as all the necessary health and safety personnel (doctor, infirmary, lifeguards), and security services. (Camp’s website at http://camping.auth.gr/en).
Any additional information for the preparations that you need to make and the material you need to pack for serving your accommodation will be provided by the local organizers.
The event’s agenda will include three diverse types of activities:
- The sessions of the Youth Conference, where student papers will be presented;
- A Summer School, consisting of lectures provided by the accompanying professors.
AUTh will provide 3 ECTS for the participants;
- Workshops and discussions led by multinational staff, as well as a wide range of cultural, sports and recreational activities.
The papers presented at the Youth Conference will be published in the conference’s proceedings.
Official Language of the Event: English.
C. Submission of Application and relevant procedures
Accompanying professors are also kindly asked to submit the Application for Professors, where they will also define the title and give a short description of the lecture they would like to deliver, by July 15, 2017 to email@example.com.
Applicants will be notified by July 20, 2017 for the acceptance of their application and the inclusion of their paper in the program of the Youth Conference.
Local organizers will announce the final program of the Youth Conference – Summer School by August 10, 2017. The final papers of both, participating students as well as lecturing professors, shall be submitted by August 21, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
D. Fees for participation
Students from BSUN and BUA: 150 Euro
Students from universities not being members of BSUN or BUA: 200 Euro
Professors from BSUN and BUA: 200 Euro
Accompanying persons (of students or professors): 250 Euro
Professors, who will provide lectures for the Summer School, will also be appointed as moderators to the sessions of the Youth Conference and will not be charged.
The above fees must be paid in full by August 25 (by credit card or bank transfer – details will follow) and will cover:
- Participation in the Youth Conference - Summer School;
- Accommodation and full catering costs for the whole period;
- Transportation from Thessaloniki to the camp on August 28, 2017 and return on September 3, 2017;
- A full-day long cultural historical excursion.
All participants are responsible for covering travel costs from their home cities to Thessaloniki and other everyday expenses.
NOTE: The number of participants is limited – therefore, please keep the above deadlines for applications.
E. Contact information
Please feel free to address all your questions concerning the event to email@example.com or by calling +302310 991163.