The Secretariat of the Centre for Byzantine Research is responsible for handling the correspondence of the Centre, maintaining the register and keeping the archive up to date, as well as keeping the minutes of the meetings of the Administrative Board.
Key responsibilities of the Secretariat also include:
- implementing the decisions of the Administrative Board,
- managing the appropriations voted for over a financial period,
- printing the publications of the Centre for Byzantine Research and distributing them to education institutions in Greece and abroad,
- receiving, classifying and recording journals and books,
- promoting the publications of the Centre,
- keeping stock records up to date, as well as
- managing the public relations of the Centre.
Head of Department: