The Aristotle University Property Development and Management Company was founded in 1994, pursuant to the presidential decree 349/94 which also constitutes the statute that regulates its operation.
The aims of the Company include:
- Developing and managing the property of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Properly managing the property of the university in order to fully develop its potential.
The Company is responsible for the property it manages following relevant decisions by the Senate, conforming to the rules of private economy and acting in accordance with the interests of the university.
The following activities are carried out by the Company:
- Managing and developing canteens and restaurants, and supporting their cleaning requirements
- Producing and reproducing scientific publications of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and managing the intellectual property rights associated with these publications
- Managing the information and telecommunications networks of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
According to its statute, the funds of the Company are:
- A percentage of the profits from the management of the property of the Aristotle University. In order to cover its running costs, the Company earns a certain percentage of the profits from the management of the property of the university. The extent of the percentage is decided by the Senate of the university (article 27, par. 3).
- Donations, bequests and financial endowments given to the Company.
- The interest yield from investing the stock capital of the Company and its profits which derive from the implementation of various activities within the framework of its objectives.
- The commission from the profits which derive from the development and management of the overall property funds of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Georgios Papadopoulos
- Zoi Konstantinidou
- Aikaterini Orfanoudaki
- Kalliopi Mitrouska