On the basis of the mission of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), as described by Greek Law (N. 4009/2011, article 4) the vision and mission of AUTh can be summarized as follows:
- Upgrading the educational process and the curricula (Accreditation) – Educational and teaching excellence
- Enhancing excellence in research
- Enhancing AUTh’s international presence
- Upgrading the organization and operation of Administrative Services
- Using, applying and making the most of current Information and Communication Technologies
- Upgrading the quality of student services
- Connecting the University with society and promoting of AUTh to a landmark of development and culture
- Utilizing the University’s real property and intangible assets for the benefit of both AUTh and society at large
- Being an environmentally friendly University
- Being a friendly and accessible University towards all citizens and especially the ones with disabilities.
The strategic objectives of AUTh, in the framework of its vision and mission, remain high and consistently oriented to the continuation of its tradition, namely to be a pioneer institution, standing out among Greek and many foreign Universities on all levels: education, research, culture, connection with society.
More specifically, AUTh aims at the following:
- To continue being the best multi thematic university in Southeastern Europe and attract the best candidates (on postgraduate level first and later on undergraduate level), from Russia, America, all the countries of SE Europe, from the Middle and Far East and also from the Greek diaspora around the globe.
- To address the need for all its Faculties and Schools to achieve high international recognition and to reach high positions in International University Rankings.
- To achieve this international recognition through both the high quality and academically recognized research activity of its members, as well as through
- the integration of its graduates into the labour market
- the quality of undergraduate studies
- the utilization of research results by society and enterprises
- To have an efficient and user-friendly ICT application environment, providing services and support to students, staff and researchers.
- To constantly improve the working conditions and the quality of life in the Institution.
- To make the knowledge produced and transmitted easily accessible to society and enterprises.
- To inform society, the state and the international academic community of any work that is conducted in AUTh (at the academic, research, developmental, social or cultural level).
- To stay in contact with its alumni and make them feel proud for having studied at a university that excels and engages the best among them in activities for the promotion and support of the University, but also for synergies in areas of education, research and innovation.
- To be able to attract top academics from the Greek diaspora.
- To be a leading and attractive partner in international research and development projects.
Suggested horizontal measures
In the framework of the Action “Upgrading the Administrative Services at AUTh” the Institution focuses on the following six (6) measures:
The above-mentioned measures will be successful through the implementation of the following actions.
1. Continuous quality improvement in education and research
2. Constant improvement in the quality of processes and provided services
3. Constant improvement in the quality of life and quality of work within Aristotle University
4. Transparency at all levels
5. Dissemination of Aristotle University achievements to the society and the government, as well as to the international academic community.
Cornerstones of quality policies
- Development of a target setting system (Administration through targets) and monitoring of the quality indicators, measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative services (on all administration levels). Upgrading of the Quality Assurance System into a decision-making support system.
- Design, modeling and application of the new electronic services required.
- Educational and supportive actions.
- Design of the reorganization of Administratiion and optimization of the relevant procedures.
- Implementation of the reorganization of Administration and optimization of the relevant procedures.
- Archive digitization.