School of Physical Education and Sports Science
The School of Physical Education and Sports Science of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and that of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens were founded in 1982, pursuant to article 47 of Law no. 1268/1982. Pursuant to the presidential decree 107/1983, the National Academy of Physical Education in Athens and its branch in Thessaloniki became part of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki respectively, as Schools of Physical Education and Sports Science, opening their doors in the academic year 1983-84.
The objectives of the School of Physical Education and Sports Science are:
- Conducting research projects and carrying out teaching activities in order to promote physical education and sports
- Providing young scholars with advanced knowledge in the main subjects taught, qualifying them for employment in the public and private sector
- Providing graduates with the theoretical and critical tools necessary for research at a more advanced level
- Promoting and developing sports in Greece, while instilling the athletic spirit in everyone
- Raising citizen’s awareness of the importance of physical education and its significant contribution to improving the quality of life.